If you’ve ever been to Tampa, you’ve probably heard of Hyde Park. It’s the cutest little downtown area with shops and restaurants and you could spend a whole day there exploring. I’m going to highlight some of my favorites spots to visit!
First up: definitely grab a coffee from Buddy Brew. I had the caramel latte and it’s so good and not too sweet! I also love their mission to “Brew Good. Do Good”.
At Pedego, you can rent an electric bike to explore even more of the surrounding area with! I think this would be so fun to do after dinner when it’s a little cooler!
At Color Me Mine you can pick different items to paint and then stroll around the rest of the park before heading back to pick up your finished product!
You could spend a whole day shopping -dangerous for sure- but some of my favorite shops are:
- Anthropologie, Kendra Scott, Lululemon, West Elm and Pottery Barn, of course!
- Fig & Julep which is a charcuterie shop and has tons of unique options for your board! They also offer almost everything in the store to sample so you can try before you buy!
- Cake Drip which is probably the most instagram-able (making that a noun) shop I’ve ever been to. They have the cutest back drops so while you’re waiting for your homemade macaroon or candy bar to be made, you can be taking photos for the gram
- Sunni Spencer: a unique lifestyle boutique with probably the most beautiful and unique pieces of clothing, ever.
Favorite Places to Eat (so far):
Full disclosure, I haven’t eaten at every restaurant in Hyde Park yet- but it’s definitely on my to do list! I am going to highlight the two we have tried so far: Bartaco & Forbici, both of which were delicious!!
I had heard so many good things about Bartaco before we actually went – and it definitely didn’t disappoint. The drinks were amazing and I’m pretty sure Jacob ordered every taco on the menu!
- For drinks, I had the Mojito and Jacob had the “Pineapple Express” made with libélula joven + fresh pineapple juice + housemade pineapple syrup + lime + yellow chartreuse! SO good.
- For appetizers, we had the plantains and chips + salsa verde, salsa roja and guacamole. All of it was delicious but when we go back I think I’m just going straight for a huge bowl of guac and plantains!
- For tacos, we literally tried all of them. Our favorites were: baja fish, grilled corvina and glazed pork belly!
Next up is Forbici Italian which was SO good!
Jacob grabbed a Mule and I stuck with water but his drink was delicious!
Have you been to Hyde Park? I’d love to hear about your favorite places!